One of the best advantages of owning a Jaguar, Land Rover, or Audi is that you might have a classic. Due to the hand craftsmanship and brand of these vehicles, owners can keep a valuable gem in their garage if they take care of it properly. As mechanics, we’ve seen some classic Jaguars, Land Rovers, and Audis in horrible condition (and it hurts us to the heart every time).
Here’s some maintenance tips that you can use to make sure your investment retains it’s value.
Keys to Retaining Value
- Maintaining documentation of the vehicle’s maintenance, regular and sporadic, helps to substantiate proper owner care.
- Be sure to keep the interior and exterior of the vehicle clean and in good condition.
- Mileage matters. If at all possible, put less than 12,000 miles on the vehicle annually. This boosts confidence that the vehicle was not overused.
- Avoid smoking in the vehicle. The smell of smoke vapor (even vapor from e-cigs) can be extremely difficult to remove entirely.
- Make efforts not to eat in your vehicle. Food stains, crumbs, and scents can wreak havoc on car value.
- Deal with exterior repairs quickly before they lead to other damage. Scratches, dents, and other blemishes usually rust if left alone for lengthy periods.
- Aftermarket customizations almost always lowers the value of any vehicle. Most car enthusiasts are interested in the vehicle not aftermarket accessories, therefore, adding them narrows a vehicle’s appeal.
A vintage Jaguar, Land Rover, or Audi can be quite an asset if it is maintained properly.
The Original Specialist have been in business since 1959 and we take Jaguar, Land Rover and Audi repair personally. We offer the best deals on these specialty vehicle maintenance. Feel free to bring your vehicle in for a free visual inspection. All of our services are covered by our No Hassel Guarantee.